Open space, pristine and diverse nature, stimulating cultural events and exciting activities make Bosnia and Herzegovina one of the hottest destinations. Whether you’re hiking over one of the awesome trekking routes or visiting one of Sarajevo’s chic restaurants, upscale art galleries and enjoying vibrant nightlife, this country will bowl you over with its blend of culture and a unique laid-back attitude to life, love of food, music and friendship.
Early departure from Split, coffee and refreshment on Rostovo, mountain pass near Bugojno and arrival in Kraljeva Sutjeska where you will have an organized sightseeing of Francis monastery, built in 1340. It includes a museum in which it houses historical treasures, a library which keeps rare and valuable historical records. Sightseeing will continue by visiting the oldest mosque of Mehmed II Fatih from the 15th century and old Bosnian house from the 19th century followed by lunch – buffet made from local specialties along with tasting of local drink called – Shljivovitza. After the lunch tour proceed towards Visoko, or the Bosnian pyramids, a cluster of natural hills in central Bosnia and Herzegovina supposedly the largest human-made ancient pyramids on Earth. Enjoy the organized guided tour of the valley of pyramids and underground tunnels. After the sightseeing you will leave Visoko, and continue to Sarajevo. Accommodation in hotel and dinner. Free night for visiting nightclubs, restaurants, casinos and enjoying Sarajevo’s vibrant nightlife.
Day starts with breakfast followed by sightseeing of the Sarajevo city, famous for its traditional, cultural and religious diversity due to which it was sometimes called the “Jerusalem of Europe” or “Jerusalem of the Balkans”. Tour starts on the viewpoint Zmajevac, above Sarajevo with panoramic view and brief lecture about the city: city history, periods, objects and famous people from Sarajevo. Later on, refreshments will be served in „Male Daire“, oriental coffee bar in the heart of Baščaršija, along with nargila and traditional domestic beverages followed by a stroll along Baščaršija and visit to the most attractive locations like Sebilj, Knadziluk street, City hall, Inat kuca, Francis monastery on Bistrik, synagogue, Beg’s Mosque, Cathedral. After the walk, there will be an organised visit to the famous Svrzo’s house where you will find out everything about the tradition and culture of the old Sarajevo Muslim family along with refreshments and course of „making and drinking Bosnian coffee“. Lunch will be organised in the restaurant Lovac where you will be served with local specialty dishes. After lunch, departure from Sarajevo towards valley of the river Neretva, with dinner and overnight in Mostar.
Breakfast and organized tour of the city of Mostar, city with rich cultural diversity and influence. It is famous for the architecture from the Otoman empire in the old part of the city, especially known for the Old bridge, built by Hajrudin from the 17th century. It was totally devastated in war in 1993., and rebuilt by UNESCO in 2005. Free visit to the gift shops and shops in the old part of the city.
Visit to the Narona museum, with the ruins of the Roman temple Augusteum and 17 marble sculptures. This found has encouraged idea of presentation of this unique archeological site and architectural monuments and all other archeological material. It was first museum in Croatia, built in vitu. This kind of presentation has spread museum offer of Croatia, and there are not so many similar museums in Europe or rest of the world. Arrival in the restaurant Villa Neretva, welcome service and small brunch (risotto and pasta), early lunch with music. After the lunch return to Split. End of the program.
Visit to the Medjugorje, one of the most famous Roman Catholic pilgrimage in the world. It became famous through the apparition of the Virgin Mary, that appeared in 1981. for the first time, and since then became famous as a tourist destination for all religious people. Since then, this place in Hercegovina, along with Sarajevo, is one of the most visited tourist centers of the B&H, with nearly 1 million visits from Catholics all over the world. It is not fancy, commercial like for example Lourdes in France, Medjugorje managed to preserve charm, where people can find peace. Centre of gathering is the Saint Jacob’s church in the city centre. Lunch in one of local restaurants. After the lunch, return to Split and end of the program.
- PRICE PER PERSON 20 PAX MIN.
- 326 €
- 326 € per person in double bedroom
- Supplement for single bedroom is 40 €
THE TOUR COST INCLUDES:
- Transfer from and to Split at the beginning and at the end of the tour
- 1 night in hotel in Sarajevo 3*
- 1 night in hotel in Mostar 3*
- Breakfast in Sarajevo and Mostar, all taxes and VAT
- Professional English speaking tour companion throughout the tour
- Professional English speaking local guides and hosts throughout
- Professional chauffeur for all transfers as stated in the program
- Guided walking tour of Francis monestary
- Guided walking tour of Visoko
- Guided walking tour of Sarajevo
- Tickets to locations included in guided tours
- Traditional lunch all days of the tour, second day lunch in Lovac restaurant
- Refresments in „Male Daire“, oriental coffee bar in the heart of Baščaršija
- Meals and beverages other than those listed
- Entrance tickets to museums, some churches, national parks etc. unless noted
- Travel insurance, gratuities
TRIP TERMS & CONDITIONS:
- Your deposit is due immediately on booking (50% of program price). The balance is due 30 days prior to departure
- We accept Bank payment only
- Tour quotes do not include airfare to/from the trip start point unless noted on the itinerary
CANCELLATIONS OF CONFIRMED BOOKINGS:
- 90 days or more prior to departure will receive full refund minus administrative fee
Download Tour as PDF